Spring 2020 Registration - Closed
Fall 2020 Registration - Opens July 1st
- 6U (ages 4-6) $85
- 8U (ages 7-8) $105
- 10U (ages 9-10) $110
- 12U (ages 11-12) $115
- 14U (ages 13-14) $125
- Evaluations - February 15th
- 8U & 10U - February 15th, 2pm, Summerfield Elementary, Softball Field #1
- 12U & 14U - February 15th, 3:45pm, Summerfield Elementary, Softball Field #1
- Makeup Evaluations - Feb 22st - 12pm Summerfield Elementary Field 1
- February 24th - Team Drafts
- Feb 21st -23rd - Dick's Sporting Goods Shopping weekend 20% off
- March 2nd - Practices starts
- March 30th - Games Start
- April 18th - Team Pictures
- May 26th through June 5th - Playoffs (regardless of missed games due to weather)
- Protective equipment requirements: Fielders masks will be required for ALL softball players both infield and outfield. Face masks are required on all batters helmets.
- No jewelry is allowed to be worn during play (bracelets, earrings, etc.).
- SRA recommends use of a heart guard in ALL age groups for players in the pitchers position.
- Registration fees include SRA providing a team shirt and team socks. Other uniform items are the responsibility of parents/guardians. Typically once teams have their first meeting and practice, teams will decide what else is needed! If you do need uniform items or equipment, make sure to check out this Community Event where you can get a discount and SAVE on gear!
6U softball is for girls age 4 to 6 years old who want to learn the fundamentals of hitting and fielding. In 6U, players will receive three pitches from a coach and, if unsuccessful, hit a ball off a batting tee. Rules of the game may be varied to accommodate the need for teaching. The primary goals of 6U are to instruct children in the fundamentals of softball and to allow them to experience the value of teamwork. Rosters may be composed of up to 12 players.
The 8U Division is intended to teach 7 and 8 year-olds the fundamentals of softball by the simplest method possible - letting them play the game. Bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 35-foot pitching distance. In the 8U league, pitching and catching clinics will be offered to help prepare the players for the next level of play in 10U. Players who are 6 may request to play in the 8U Division in the Fall.
10U represents the young players first transition into kid pitch, the 10U Division is for 9 and 10 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 35-foot pitching distance. Players who are 8 years old may request to play in the 10U Division.
12U is for 11 and 12 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 40-foot pitching distance. Players who are 10 years old may request to play in the 12U Division.
14U is for 13 to 14 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 43-foot pitching distance. Players who are 12 years old may request to play in the 14U Division.
Pitching is a critical part of the game. Some of the fundamentals for pitching development are described in the document below.