Spring 2018 Registration - Wait list Now Open
- 6U $85
- 8U $105
- 10U $110
- 12U $115
- 14U $125
- 18U $125
The criteria for determining your childs league is based on his/her age on 4/30/2018.
- 14U Evaluations will be held Saturday March 17 at 2:45 at Northern Guilford Middle School on the baseball field.
- 18U Evals April 14 from 11:45-2:15 @ Nothern Guilford Middle
- 18U Makup Evals April 21 from 11:45-2:15 @ Nothern Guilford Middle
- Practice Starts: March 12th
- Games Start: April 9th
- Team Picture Day: April 21st (ask your coach for details)
- Playoffs Start: May 19th
Additional Dates for Your Planning
- See Community Events for information on any upcoming events or Baseball Camps.
- Practice days and games days are solely determined by the Coaches once they are selected. Please be flexible in your schedules as teams are picked and the season begins.
As a quick note before you review the leagues below - here are some equipment rules if you are considering purchasing anything for your child. We do encourage each player to have their own helmet and bat. There are some great local stores where you can buy used equipment for a reasonable price. SRA does provide "shared" helmets during practices and games for those in the 6U and 8U-National Leagues if you prefer not to purchase your own. If you are buying a bat, please review the Bat Regulations document. It is important to purchase a bat that is legal for game play.
The new USABat standard will not be required for recreational play within the SRA in 2018. However, if you are planning on purchasing a new bat, we highly recommend purchasing a bat that meets the new standards. Players on the Stars and All-Star teams will be required to use a bat that meets the new USABat standards. We will review the policy again next year to determine if the new standards will be required for recreational play in 2019.
- SRA requires a pitchers mask or helmet for all players at the pitchers position in all age groups of softball and in 6U thru 8U-American baseball. SRA has shared pitcher's masks to use, you do not need to purchase the mask. SRA also recommends use of a heart guard in ALL age groups for players in the pitchers position.
- While a mouth guard is not required, it is highly recommended to all. Please click here to learn more about mouth guards.
- Registration fees include SRA providing a team shirt and team hat. Other uniform items such as pants, socks, belt are the responsibility of parents/guardians. As an organization we have made the decision to use grey pants, black socks and a black belt - Baseball League wide. So, if you are buying new pants we would like to suggest that you purchase those colors. If however, you already have pants (no matter the color) you are welcome to wear those instead of buying new ones. If you do need pants, socks and a belt, etc. make sure to check out our Community Events where you can get a discount and SAVE on gear!
Baseball 6U - ages 4-6
6U baseball is for boys and girls age 4 to 6 years old who want to learn the fundamentals of hitting and fielding. In 6U, players will receive three pitches from a coach and, if unsuccessful, hit a ball off a batting tee. Rules of the game may be varied to accommodate the need for teaching. The primary goals of 6U are to instruct children in the fundamentals of baseball and to allow them to experience the value of teamwork. Rosters may be composed of up to 12 players. For more information contact the 6U Commissioner.
Update for 2018
Baseball 8U (Coach Pitch) - ages 7-8
The 8U Division is a coach pitch league for 7 and 8 year-olds. SRA offers 8U play in both the Fall and Spring seasons. There are two separate 8U Divisions - American and National. The divisions are separated by skill level. National is our traditional 8U League in which most players will be placed. National bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 38-foot pitching distance. American is designed for those who have proven they can play at an increased level and will be limited to 4-5 teams. American bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 38-foot pitching distance. In addition, American League uses a standard hardcore baseball for practice and play, National uses a softcore baseball. When registering, you will not be able to select which League your child will be part of during the season. Evaluations will be held close to the start of season, and while age is taken into account, their skill level also determines which group they will be placed in for the season. To be placed in American your child must be either a returning SRA 8U-American player or be present at the evaluations. For more information contact the 8U Commissioner.
Baseball 10U (Kid Pitch) - ages 9-10
10U represents the young player's first move into real baseball. The 10U Division is for 9 and 10 year-old players. 10U is a kid-pitch league. The game is played on a diamond with 60-foot paths and a 46-foot pitching distance. For more information contact the 10U Commissioner.
Baseball 12U - ages 11-12
The 12U Division is for players age 11 and 12. 12U is where players are taught the entire game on 70-foot bases and a 50-foot pitching distance. Players are permitted to steal and lead-off. For more information contact the 12U Commissioner.
Baseball 14U - ages 13-14
The 14U Division is for players age 13 and 14. Bases are set at 80-foot paths with a 54-foot pitching distance. The 14U Divison is the baseball program specifically designed for the player in those very formative early teen years. 12-year-old players may request to play in the 14U Division. We will play most of our games at Northern Guilford Middle School Field and some games may be played at Summerfield Athletic Park. For more information contact he 14U Commissioner.
Baseball 18U - ages 15-18
The 18U Division is for players age 15 to 18. We play on a full size 60/90 baseball field. All of our games will be played at Summerfield Athletic Park, field #3. For more information contact the 18U Commissioner.