Registration for the 2017 Fall Season has closed.
Registration for the 2018 Spring Program will open mid-January.
- Shetland (ages 4-6) $85 - No Evaluations
- Pinto (ages 7-8) $100
- Mustang (ages 9-10) $105
- Bronco (ages 11-12) $115
- Pony (ages 13-14) $125
- Colt/Palomino (ages 15-18) $125
The criteria for determining your childs league is based on his/her age on 4/30/2018.
- Games: September 11th
- Chloe's Lucky Charm Tournament: September 15-17th
- Picture Day: September 16th (see coach for times)
- Playoffs Start: October 23th
Additional Dates for Your Planning
- See Community Events for information on any upcoming events or Baseball Camps.
- Practice days and games days are solely determined by the Coaches once they are selected. Please be flexible in your schedules as teams are picked and the season begins.
As a quick note before you review the leagues below - here are some equipment rules if you are considering purchasing anything for your child. We do encourage each player to have their own helmet and bat. There are some great local stores where you can buy used equipment for a reasonable price. SRA does provide "shared" helmets during practices and games for those in the Shetland T-Ball and Pinto-National Leagues if you prefer not to purchase your own. If you are buying a bat, please review the Bat Regulations document. It is important to purchase a bat that is legal for game play.
Bat Regulations Important Update:
In conjunction with USA Baseball and its other participating national member organizations, PONY Baseball has adopted the new USA Baseball bat standard (USABat). Effective January 1, 2018, bats will require the "USA Baseball" licensing mark to be considered legal for play. The bats will be available in stores starting September 1st, 2017. Ours Dick's discount day has been moved back to allow parents interested in purchasing one of the new bats a chance to do so at a discounted price.
For more details about the new regulations please visit http://protips.dickssportinggoods.com/sports-and-activities/baseball/2018-usa-baseball-youth-bat-standard-change.
2017 Bat Regulations - (please note that this will change for 2018)
- SRA requires a pitchers mask or helmet for all players at the pitchers position in all age groups of softball and in Shetland T-Ball thru Pinto American baseball. SRA has shared pitcher's masks to use, you do not need to purchase the mask. SRA also recommends use of a heart guard in ALL age groups for players in the pitchers position.
- While a mouth guard is not required, it is highly recommended to all. Please click here to learn more about mouth guards.
- Registration fees include SRA providing a team shirt and team hat. Other uniform items such as pants, socks, belt are the responsibility of parents/guardians. As an organization we have made the decision to use grey pants, black socks and a black belt - Baseball League wide. So, if you are buying new pants we would like to suggest that you purchase those colors. If however, you already have pants (no matter the color) you are welcome to wear those instead of buying new ones. If you do need pants, socks and a belt, etc. make sure to check out our Community Events where you can get a discount and SAVE on gear!
Baseball Shetland - ages 4-6
Shetland 6U Baseball is for boys and girls age 4 to 6 years old who want to learn the fundamentals of hitting and fielding. In Shetland, players will receive three pitches from a coach and, if unsuccessful, hit a ball off a batting tee. Rules of the game may be varied to accommodate the need for teaching. The primary goals of Shetland are to instruct children in the fundamentals of baseball and to allow them to experience the value of teamwork. Rosters may be composed of up to 12 players. For more information contact email@example.com.
Baseball Pinto (Coach Pitch) - ages 7-8
The Pinto Division is a coach pitch league for 7 and 8 year-olds. SRA offers Pinto play in both the Fall and Spring seasons. There are two separate Pinto Divisions - American and National. The divisions are separated by skill level. National is our traditional Pinto League in which most players will be placed. National bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 38-foot pitching distance. American is designed for those who have proven they can play at an increased level and will be limited to 4-5 teams. American bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 38-foot pitching distance. In addition, American League uses a standard hardcore baseball for practice and play, National uses a softcore baseball. When registering, you will not be able to select which League your child will be part of during the season. Evaluations will be held close to the start of season, and while age is taken into account, their skill level also determines which group they will be placed in for the season. To be placed in American your child must be either a returning SRA Pinto American player or be present at the evaluations. s.or For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseball Mustang (Kid Pitch) - ages 9-10
Mustang represents the young player's first move into real baseball. The Mustang Division is for 9 and 10 year-old players. Mustang is a kid-pitch league. The game is played on a diamond with 60-foot paths and a 46-foot pitching distance. For more information contact email@example.com.
Baseball Bronco - ages 11-12
The Bronco Division is for players age 11 and 12. Bronco is where players are taught the entire game on 70-foot bases and a 50-foot pitching distance. Players are permitted to steal and lead-off. Players age 10 may request to play in the Bronco Division. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseball Pony - ages 13-14
The Spring Pony League at SRA is for players who will be 13 or 14 on April 30, 2016. Bases are set at 80-foot paths with a 54-foot pitching distance. The Pony Division is the baseball program specifically designed for the player in those very formative early teen years. 12-year-old players may request to play in the Pony Division. We will play most of our games at Northern Guilford Middle School Field and some games will be played at Summerfield Athletic Park. For more information contact email@example.com.
Baseball Colt - ages 15-16
Colt baseball is for 15 and 16 year old boys. If you will be 15 or 16 on April 30, 2017, you are eligible to play Colt ball. If you turn 17 on or before April 30, 2017, you are technically too old to play Colt ball, but if you played Colt ball in the Spring, we will allow you to play one more season this Fall. We play on a full size 60/90 baseball field. All of our games will be played at Summerfield Athletic Park, field #3. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.